Monday, February 15, 2010

Tel Aviv

I went with a group to Tel Aviv last Sunday to spend the day. The weather couldn't have been more perfect! We spent the day exploring and playing on the beach.

This is part of the group with the Mediterranean Sea and downtown Tel Aviv behind us.


We went to a flea market, which turned out to be a glorified garage sale. This was just around the corner from the flea market...


Since being in here I've been having weird cravings for food that I miss. The food I miss most is definitely cheddar cheese. You can only imagine my excitement when I found some in the market in Tel Aviv. So I bought a little wedge of it. It cost 14 shekels (about $3.50), but it was totally worth it!


The best part of the day, by far, was playing on the beach. We weren't allowed to swim, only wade. So we spent most of our time playing ultimate frisbee and watching the sunset. This is my fearless ultimate frisbee team, or at least part of them...

So I've decided that sunsets/sunrises have become kind of theme of my adventure here. The day that I left Utah there was the most beautiful sunset. My mom told me that it was Utah saying goodbye to me. Then on the plane ride I had a window seat so I got to watch the sunset and the sunrise as I was flying over the ocean. When I went to Egypt I watched the sunset over the Nile a couple of times, once while floating on the Nile. Then I watched the most beautiful sunrise on top of Mount Sinai. At the Jerusalem Center we have the most beautiful view, so I have watched the sunset over Jerusalem from Mount Scopus, where the center is. And then of course last week when I was in Tel Aviv we sat on the beach overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and watched the sunset. I got to hold this sunset in my hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment